Help / Accessibility
Page structure and navigation
We offer the following skip links and access keys to navigate:
- Skip to content (accesskey 1)
- main menu (accesskey 2)
- sub menu (accesskey 3)
- breadcrumbs (accesskey 4)
Navigation menus as well as main, header and footer areas are tagged by semantic html tags and labelled.
The language switcher is part of the main menu at the last position.
All pages except the homepage start with a heading 1 in the main content area.
The search, to find through the link to the search in the page area "site info", offers a full-text search for web content as well as for documents.
Further information for screen reader users
Users of Screenreader find in the pages visually hidden additional information, for example:
- Notes about the link behavior if the link does not open in the self window
- additional information in web forms, tables and more.
Scalable web design
The websites are designed responsibly for the benefit of mobile devices and strong scaling. The contents are adapted according to different window widths. When scaling in desktop browsers, please update the web page after setting the desired scaling (e.g. with zoom).
Content - language, hyperlinks and documents
The primary natural language of each page is identified. We try to identify changes in the natural language of document's text as well.
- All site internal hyperlinks open in the self window.
- If, in exceptional cases, links open new windows, this behavior should be marked with the addition "opens in a new window" as a tooltip.
- For all hyperlinks to documents within the website the link title also contains the document extension (e.g. PDF) and the document size.
Accessibility statement and feedback
All websites of the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology intend to achieve the Web Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA from W3C / WAI.
We are trying to increase the accessibility of PDF documents as well. Yet we cannot ensure a barrier-free access to the content of all PDF documents.
Please do not hesitate to inform us about barriers you have found. You can submit comments per email to firstname.lastname@example.org