Multilateral energy relations
In the framework of its multilateral energy policy, Austria works closely with international energy organizations to achieve secure, transparent, competitive and sustainable energy markets and energy systems. Find a selection of organizations based in and outside Austria below.
International organizations within Austria
Energy capital Vienna: Vienna truly merits the epithet energy capital. It is seat of various organizations in the field of energy. In order to enhance interinstitutional communication and cooperation, the following organizations formed the Vienna Energy Club.
- Energy Community(EnC)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- World Energy Council Austria (WEC)
International organzations outside Austria
Austria is member of the following international energy organisations/fora: