Austrian Ecolabel What does it stand for?
Quality of life, high environmental compatibility, clear and transparent information, high significance, as well as environmental policy on the entrepreneurs own responsibilities are just a few Advantages.
- Higher quality of life and environmental quality: More preventive environmental and health care, high product quality, ethical substantiation and responsibility.
- Clear and transparent information: Decision aid for consumers and buying agents “at one glance”, environmental information for producers, action knowledge for multipliers.
- High significance: National and independent, objective and verifiable criteria, holistic assessment of environmentally benign products and services, always topical.
- Environmental policy within the sole responsibility of the enterprises: Special credit to voluntary environmental services, support and promotion of sustainable production.
- Cooperation at high level: with environmental and product-labelling systems, with the environmental management systems EMAS & ISO 14001, marketing cooperation.
- Service quality: Support for users of the label (certification, marketing …) and for environmentally-conscious buying agents.