Multilateral energy cooperation
Austria works closely with international energy organisations within the framework of multilateral energy politics. Some of these organisations are introduced below.
The main focus of the multilateral energy policy lies on the generation of transparent, competetive, and sustainable energy markets and systems ensured by Austria’s active participation within international organisations. After all, the international exchange of expertise regarding sustainable energy must be expanded and fostered. This is achieved by an active contribution within various organisations and committees in consultation with European partners.
International organisations in Austria: Vienna as Energy Capital
For various reasons, Vienna deserves its label as an Energy Capital: Numerous organisations in the energy sector are based in the city. In order to faciliate an exchange of expert knowledge, the following organisations have decided to cooperate on an informal level within the framework of the Vienna Energy Club.
- Energy Community (EnC)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- World Energy Council Austria (WEC)