Federal provinces and districts
The provincial governors and the district administrations are also part of the Aviation authorities in Austria.
The provincial governors have de facto power to authorise the following:
- non-airport landings and take-offs
- bans on air traffic outside safety exclusion zones
- civil air shows.
The powers of district administrations cover matters concerning:
- airfields including their safety exclusion zones,
- bans on air traffic inside the above zones,
- licensing of civilian ground services at airfields,
- the imposition of administrative penalties in aviation matters.