European Electronic Toll Service (EETS)
The aim of the Directive (EU) 2019/520 is to ensure that vehicles using roads with electronic toll systems will only need a single on-board unit and a single contract to pay the toll.
The aim of the Directive (EU) 2019/520 (→ Eur-Lex) is to ensure that vehicles using roads with electronic toll systems will only need a single on-board unit and a single contract to pay the toll.
The Directive provides that each Member State of the European Union shall keep an electronically accessible register including information about the EETS domain and any registered EETS providers in Austria.
Register for the EETS
pursuant to Article 21 of Directive (EU) 2019/520
- EETS domain: Federal Roads (Motorways and Expressways) subject to tolling
- Toll charger
- Company: Autobahnen- und Schnellstraßen- Finanzierungs- Aktiengesellschaft (ASFINAG)
- Business address: A-1010 Vienna, Rotenturmstraße 5-9, Postfach 983
- Legal form: Joint stock company
- Commercial registration number: FN 92191a
- Contact details: ASFINAG Maut Service GmbH, A-1120 Vienna, Am Europlatz 1, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tolling technology: CEN-DSRC 5,8 Gigahertz
- Toll context data and EETS domain statement: see → asfinag.at/maut-vignette/go-maut/eets/
- Accredited EETS providers (that have a contract with ASFINAG)
- Registered EETS providers (established in Austria)