What is the procedure within the set deadlines?
table of contents
- Civil aerodrome operators, air carriers and entities (regulated agents, known consignors, carriers, regulated suppliers of in-flight supplies and known suppliers of airport supplies) are eligible to apply.
- Login to the Austrian Business Service Portal – USP (see operating instructions (PDF, 1017 KB)).
- Application for background check via the application "ZÜP – Zuverlässigkeitsüberprüfung/Aviation Security" (see operating instructions (PDF, 1017 KB))
- The following data must be entered at least 4 weeks before the intended start of the activity:
- First name and surname, if applicable the maiden name,
- Date of birth,
- Place of birth (including country of birth),
- Parents' first names,
- Contact: Phone, e-mail
- Residence, with country, town, postcode, street, house number, from/to date
- Employment relationships, education and training (each with type, organisation, activity, from/to date) and any gaps during the last five years,
- Copy of a passport, identity card, identity card,
- Alien passport or convention passport to establish the identity of the person to be checked (as JPG or PDF)
- Foreign criminal record certificates or comparable proofs of the countries of residence in which the person has been continuously resident for 6 months or longer for the last five years in a certified translation in German or English, which must not be older than 6 months when presented for the first time, (as JPG or PDF) with date of issue, corresponding place of residence and whether entries are present or not.
- Initial application or recurring application
- Characteristics of the background check (normal/extended)
- Reason for the background check
- where applicable, indication of the type of activity envisaged
- Consent to the verification of background
- After a period of 4 weeks, the result of the check can be seen in the application "ZÜP – Zuverlässigkeitsüberprüfung/Aviation Security" via the so-called ZÜP status
- An application must be re-submitted before the expiry of 12 months for the extended background check and before the expiry of 3 years for the normal background check. The applicant must ensure that a new application is submitted in good time before the expiry of the background check (observe the 4-week deadline!). Persons without a valid background check may not be issued an Airport ID Card or Flight Crew Identification Card, nor may they perform the above-mentioned activities or have unescorted access to air cargo and air mail, air carrier mail and material, in-flight supplies and airport deliveries that have been subjected to the required security checks.
- Background checks successfully completed before 31 December 2021 shall remain valid until expiry or until 30 June 2024 at the latest.
- By 30 June 2021 at the latest: Persons who have undergone an employment-related check had to undergo a background check by 30 June 2021 at the latest.
- From 3 November 2021: Registration in the application "ZÜP - Zuverlässigkeitsüberprüfung/Aviation Security" via the Company Service Portal (USP) to record the company and personal data.
- As of 3 December 2021: Login to the application "ZÜP - Zuverlässigkeitsüberprüfung/Aviation Security" via the Company Service Portal (USP) to record company and personal data and to submit applications for the performance of the background check.
- From 31 December 2021: The new regulations concerning the normal and extended background check will apply from 31 December 2021.
- Until 30 June 2024 at the latest: background checks successfully completed before 31 December 2021 remain valid until expiry or 30 June 2024 at the latest.
The fixed price for checking a person's background is 7 Euros.
Phone: +43 1 2530188 7953